Are you planning a trip to the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales? If so, why not make it a sustainable travel experience? Here are some tips to help you reduce your environmental impact and support the local community during your visit:
- Choose eco-friendly accommodation: Look for hotels, motels, or vacation rentals that prioritise sustainability. Kiwarrak Country Retreat is a perfect example, as we offer eco-friendly cottages with natural cleaning products and rainwater tanks.
- Reduce your plastic waste: Bring your own reusable water bottle, coffee cup, and shopping bags to avoid single-use plastic. Many local cafes and shops also offer discounts for customers who bring their own containers.
- Support local farmers’ markets: Buy fresh produce from local farmers’ markets, such as the Taree Thursday Produce Market, Wingham Farmers Market and the Taree Craft Centre, to support the local economy and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Respect the natural environment: When exploring the Mid North Coast’s natural wonders, such as the national parks and beaches, be sure to respect the environment by following park regulations, staying on designated paths, and not disturbing wildlife.
- Use eco-friendly products: Choose eco-friendly products, such as biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent, to minimise your impact on the environment.
- Learn about the local culture: Immerse yourself in the local culture by learning about the region’s history, art, and traditions. Visit local museums and art galleries, and attend community events to gain a deeper understanding of the area.
By incorporating these sustainable travel tips into your Mid North Coast trip, you can minimise your impact on the environment and support the local community. Book your sustainable getaway today and create unforgettable memories!