Are you a wine connoisseur looking to explore the beautiful Mid North Coast of New South Wales? Check out these boutique wineries, where you can enjoy the region’s top wines while taking in the stunning natural surroundings. Here are our recommendations of the boutique wineries you should include in a self-guided Mid North Coast wine tour:
- Bago Vineyards: This family-owned winery is located just outside of Port Macquarie and offers a variety of award-winning wines, including Chardonnay, Verdelho, and Shiraz. Take a guided tour of the vineyards and cellar door, and enjoy a picnic among the scenic surroundings. Bago Vineyards also has a hedge maze, a great activity for families and kids.
- Cassegrain Wines: This renowned winery is located in Port Macquarie and offers a range of premium wines, including Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot. Take a tour of the vineyard and barrel room, and sample some of their delicious wines in the onsite restaurant.
- Long Point Vineyard: This boutique winery is located near Lake Cathie and offers a variety of wines, including Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Verdelho. Take a tour of the vineyards and enjoy a relaxing picnic on the grounds.
- Inneslake Vineyards: This family-owned winery is located in Bonny Hills and offers a range of wines, including Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay. Take a guided tour of the vineyards and enjoy a tasting in the onsite cellar door.
- Little Fish Cafe and Vineyard: This picturesque winery is located in the seaside village of Dunbogan and offers a range of award-winning wines, including Chardonnay and Verdelho. Take a tour of the vineyard and enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, which offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- The Farmer’s Wife Distillery Door, Tasting Room, Cafe and Bar: This local distillery is 30 mins from Newcastle, making a great stop along the way. It offers handcrafted gin, vodka, and liqueurs made from locally sourced botanicals. Enjoy a tasting and a meal in the onsite cafe and bar.
Make the most of your Mid North Coast wine tour by stopping by at our local breweries, including Black Duck Brewery in Port Macquarie, Moorebeer Brewing Co in Wauchope and The Coastal Brewing Co. in Forster.
With Kiwarrak Country Retreat as your base, you can explore the best of the region’s boutique wineries while relaxing in interesting and picturesque surroundings.