Are you a birdwatching enthusiast looking for the best birdwatching spots in the beautiful Manning Valley region of New South Wales? Look no further than Kiwarrak Country Retreat, a comfortable and stylish accommodation surrounded by forest located just a short drive from some of the region’s most stunning birdwatching spots. Here are some top recommendations for birdwatching in Manning Valley:
- Cattai Wetlands: The wetlands are a birdwatching paradise and home to several bird species, including the White-bellied Sea Eagle, the Black-necked Stork, Jabiru and the Little Bittern. Take a walk along the boardwalks and discover the wetlands’ rich birdlife. The Cattai Wetlands are part of the Taree Wetlands system and are located just north of Taree, only 20 minutes from Kiwarrak Country Retreat.
- Crowdy Bay National Park: This beautiful national park is located along the coastline and is home to several bird species, including the Eastern Osprey and the Beach Stone-Curlew. Take a scenic walk along the trails and enjoy stunning views of the coastline while birdwatching.
- Kiwarrak State Forest: The state forest is home to a variety of bird species, including the threatened Powerful Owl and the endangered Glossy Black-Cockatoo. Take a leisurely walk through the forest and discover the region’s rich birdlife.
- Wingham Brush Nature Reserve: This unique nature reserve is home to a large colony of grey-headed flying foxes and is also a birdwatching haven. Look out for the Eastern Yellow Robin, the Superb Fairy-wren, and the Tawny Frogmouth among the trees.
- Saltwater National Park: This scenic national park is home to several bird species, including the Eastern Bristlebird and the Green Catbird. Take a walk along the trails and enjoy stunning views of the coast and hinterland while birdwatching.
- Kiwarrak Country Retreat: We have hundreds of bird species right here on the property!
These are just a few of the top birdwatching spots in Manning Valley. With Kiwarrak Country Retreat as your base, you can explore the best of the region’s birdlife and relax in luxurious surroundings. Book a birdwatching getaway today and create unforgettable memories!